To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed for consideration.
Reports To: Jon Keck, Vice President, EnergyScoreCards
Description: As a Lead QA Engineer, you will work closely alongside a group of developers on an Agile (Scrum) team. This is a lead role, so while there is no direct management of others, you will be expected to be able to work independently and take initiative on helping to drive the direction of the team and the process. This will involve working closely with developers and product management as features are defined, designed, and implemented. The ability to proactively identify testing considerations throughout this process and convert those to implemented test coverage is critical. Your responsibilities will include developing the overall test plan, determining the effort and tools needed for testing, working with management to acquire needed resources in testing, outlining the schedule for test efforts, and performing the testing.
We are seeking candidates who are very hands on but who are also interested in having increased responsibility for defining the test processes and practices used on a team in a role that will grow with them as time goes on. We are a relatively new and growing software team which will offer the right person an opportunity to make their mark on the organization. This role is well suited to inquisitive, adaptable, creative problem solvers with a desire to work in a flexible entrepreneurial environment.
• Execute test cases and perform defect tracking and management for both GUI web based applications as well as data driven back-end applications
• Help define and lead the effort to implement quality requirements and processes
• Propose, design, enhance, build and maintain automated test environments
• As part of a small team, creatively fill needs as they are identified
• Data testing, extracting and debugging data (primarily in MySQL)
A qualified candidate will have many of the following:
• Solid Linux skills
• Proficiency in at least one scripting/programming language (Groovy or UNIX shell preferred)
• Experience working with automation testing technologies (Selenium preferred)
• Experience in testing SaaS GUI, and/or multi-tenant hosted environment
• Working knowledge of SQL
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills
• Excellent time-management, multitasking skills
• Analytical and questioning skills to develop an understanding of the intent underlying functionality
• The ability to think around problems and come up with creative solutions
• The motivation to impose organization on disorganized situations
• Uncanny attention to detail
What Bright Power offers:
• Family-friendly work policies and benefits
• Convenient location in the Wall Street area
• It is also a fun place to work. You will get a friendly group of co-workers. There are free goodies offered often enough to threaten any diet, and your birthday will not pass by without some surprise.
• Standard business hours with some flexibility
• Opportunities for learning and personal growth