Using EnergyScoreCards to Identify Energy Waste
PROJECTED 1st YEAR OWNER SAVINGS$82,000
PROJECTED ADDED PROPERTY VALUE$1,498,000
Washington, D.C. | Audit Complete: EnergyScoreCards, Bright Power’s data analysis platform, tracked an increase in electricity and gas costs as well as consumption. Bozzuto and Washington Real Estate Investment Trust (WashREIT) saw this as an opportunity to learn more about the cause of the upward trend in costs, and figure out how to manage them. With 3801 Connecticut Avenue’s already planned heating upgrade, they underwent an energy audit to understand other complementary investments and uncover what was increasing consumption and cost.
After a deep dive into the data and further investigation on-site, Bright Power found several savings opportunities and evidence of a utility bill error that led to a substantial refund from the utility. The team is currently determining the final scope of improvements to effectively manage long-term costs and consumption at 3801 Connecticut Avenue.
Owner: Washington Real Estate Investment Trust (WashREIT)
Property Management: Bozzuto Management
- Install a 54kW solar PV system
- Install new exhaust fans for garage with demand control ventilation
- Install programmable thermostats in apartments
- Install vending misers
- Upgrade common area and apartment lighting to LEDs
- Install high efficiency faucet aerators in apartments
- Install high efficiency showerheads in apartments
- Install high efficiency toilets in apartments