First Year Energy Savings$179,000
New York, NY | Located in Upper Manhattan, Park Terrace Gardens board members knew they had to address the property’s energy inefficiencies.
Needing to comply with local energy auditing laws (Local Law 87), the board and the Green Committee brought on Bright Power to complete the energy audit. Bright Power’s comprehensive energy audit pinpointed long-term issues and identified opportunities for sustainable savings that gave the board cost-effective options to implement energy and water savings measures.
The Green Committee educated shareholders about the improvements to ensure quick adoption to measures like in-unit LED lighting. They also worked with Bright Power to provide valuable context to shareholder comfort and behavior. For example, they regularly counted open windows during the winter which supplemented the Bright Power energy audit team’s on-site investigation.
The Park Terrace Gardens board and Green Committee turned their compliance obligation into value-add opportunities, creating ongoing savings and dramatically increasing comfort. Now, shareholders are comfortable year-round and the property is saving money on their energy costs.
- Upgraded to LED lighting and occupancy sensors
- Balanced steam distribution system and installed indoor temperature controls
- Converted to #2 oil and decommissioned boiler components required for #4 oil
- Weatherstripped common area, exterior doors, and windows with permanently installed ACs
- Installed low-flow aerators
- Installed high-efficiency washing machines
- Insulated back of boilers and steam and hot water piping
- Installed new electronic mixing valves
- Installed gaskets at front and rear of boiler, cleaned and tuned boilers, adjusted boiler set points