Vice President, Western Region
Andrew McNamara joined Bright Power in 2006 and became a Vice President in 2008 and a member of the Board of Directors in 2013. Andrew McNamara is currently Vice President, Western Region. Previously, Andrew led the firm’s sustainability and solar practices from 2008-2013 and the Engineering Division from 2013-2015. He has worked on dozens of projects from coast-to-coast, including Via Verde – a groundbreaking 220 unit complex in the South Bronx that was recognized by the Urban Land Institute as a Global Project of the Decade for 2013 – and Marlton Manor – where his team’s solar thermal and PV installation was recognized by California Governor Jerry Brown and HUD Secretary Julian Castro.
- A. McNamara, J. Perlman, S. Pilling, L. Audin, & D. Huang. “Solar Real-Time Pricing: Is Real-Time Electricity Pricing Beneficial to Solar PV in New York City?” New York City Economic Development Corporation & US DOE Solar America Cities sponsored study. July 16, 2009.
- A. McNamara, J. Perlman, R. Perez. “Simulated Performance of Solar Domestic Hot Water Systems in New York State” International Building Performance and Simulation Association SimBuild 2008 Conference. July 30 – August 1, 2008.
- A. McNamara, J. Perlman. “Solar Domestic Hot Water Technologies Assessment.” NYSERDA Report 08-09.
- J. Perlman, A. McNamara, D. Strobino. “Analysis of PV System Performance versus Modeled Expectations across a Set of Identical PV Systems” ISES 2005 Solar World Congress.
- S.G. Lukishova, A.W. Schmid, A.J. McNamara, R.W. Boyd, and C.R. Stroud. “Room-temperature single-photon source based on single-dye-molecule fluorescence in liquid crystal host” IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, special issue in the area of Quantum Internet Technologies, Vol. 9, No. 6. November/December 2003.
- S.G. Lukishova, A.W. Schmid, A.J. McNamara, R.W. Boyd, and C.R. Stroud. “Demonstration of a room temperature single-photon source: laser control of single dye molecule fluorescence in photonic-band-gap cholesteric liquid crystal host” Optical Society of America Technical Digest Series, Joint Session of CLEO/Qels’2003, Photonic Bandgap Materials. June 1-6, 2003. Baltimore, MD.
- A.W. Schmid, S.G. Lukishova, A.J. McNamara, R.W. Boyd, and C.R. Stroud. “Demonstartion of a room temperature single-photon source for quantum information: single-dye-molecule fluorescence in cholesteric liquid crystal host”, 11 pages, 14 Figures. Laboratory for Laser Energetics, University of Rochester, LLE Review. March-April 2003.
- S.G. Lukishova, A.W. Schmid, A.J. McNamara, R.W. Boyd, and C.R. Stroud. “Dye-doped cholesteric-liquid-crystal single photon source” Workshop on Single-Photons: Detectors, Applications and Measurement Methods. NIST, Gaithersburg, MD. (March 31-April 1, 2003), talk.