- Anchin New York Construction Awards, Rising Star – 2018
- Inc. 5000 – 2015, 2016, 2018
- NAA Excellence Award, Return on Energy (ROE), Energy Retrofit: 205 Jones Street Apartments – 2018
- City & State New York, Corporate Social Responsibility Award for Sustainability & Environmental Impact – 2017
- New York Smart Energy Building, Certificate of Achievement: River Park Towers, 2016
- Resiliency Innovations for a Stronger Economy: New York (RISE: NYC) Innovation Award for Bright Power’s Resilient Power Hub – 2015
- PV America, Photovoltaic Project of Distinction Award: Liberty Village – 2015
- Ebie Award, The Reformed Gas Guzzler – 2013
- Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce, Building Brooklyn Award: Dumont Green – 2012
- New York Solar Energy Industries Association (NYSEIA) 6KC Award, Certificate of Excellence for the Best Solar Thermal Project of the Year: University Avenue Consolidated III – 2011
Maximizing returns for the real estate industry and the planet.
At Bright Power, our mission is threefold. Increase the performance and value of buildings. Improve the comfort, health, and productivity of occupants. Eliminate negative impacts on the planet.
Since 2004, Bright Power has changed the built environment by dramatically reducing carbon emissions and improving building performance. From design to ribbon cutting, energy auditing to implementing improvements, and performance benchmarking to ensuring results, we deliver deep value to all stakeholders in real estate—owners, operators, investors, occupants, communities, and the planet that houses all of us.
We started by connecting the benefits of investing in solar and energy efficiency together. Then we simplified the process of making and evaluating investment decisions through the creation of a simple but rigorous analytics platform, EnergyScoreCards. We developed deep engineering expertise in how to make buildings better for occupants while lowering energy usage, both for existing buildings and new construction. We learned about all the rebates, tax credits and other financial incentives that improve the financial returns of our solutions. And when we realized that our customers didn’t just want advice, they wanted action, we built a full turnkey construction operation to implement the solutions we recommend. Finally, since energy waste creeps back if no one is watching, we created an energy management service, MoBIUS®, that brings our energy savings and troubleshooting expertise to your operations team.
Our certifications and technical licenses across green building disciplines include:
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- Certified Building Commissioning Professional (CBCP)
- Certified Passive House Consultant (PHIUS)
- Passive House Institute Consultant (PHI)
- LEED AP, LEED AP Building Design + Construction, LEED AP Existing Building Operations + Maintenance
- Home Energy Rating System (HERS)
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Certified Energy Analyst (CEA)
- Building Performance Institute Multifamily Building Analyst (BPI MFBA)
- Certified Energy Procurement Professional (CEP)
- North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP)
- Levin Energy Associates – 2014
- Ecological Partners – 2015
- Fiveboro Solar – 2016